Lambda Chi Alpha makes its home at 125 Edgemoor Lane, a magnificent 1895 Tudor overlooking Cascadilla Gorge. “Edgemoor” is home to every undergraduate and alumni brother; it is longstanding chapter tradition that every brother live in the house for at least two years.
In 2015, the chapter completed a $2.8 million renovation and expansion project which added new living spaces and upgraded the infrastructure and safety systems to bring the fraternity house into the 21st century— the biggest renovation project for a privately-owned fraternity house in Cornell history.
Designed by Vivian & Gibb and purpose-built as a fraternity house, Edgemoor has been occupied by Lambda Chi Alpha since 1921, with several major expansions since then. Its signature spaces include the two-story Ashley Reading Room and the Cascadilla Gorge deck, both added in the 2014–15 renovation; the historic Wilhelm Chapter Room; and the beloved gazebo overlooking the gorge and waterfall.
Accommodations and amenities include the following:
- 24 private rooms for brothers, each with its own unique personality, allowing 44–48 to live-in in singles and doubles; shared bathrooms and laundry equipment.
- Dedicated study lounge, designated the Learning Center, and a chapter library, plus professional-grade WiFi throughout the house.
- 7 common rooms, including a rathskeller bar affording a range of configurable spaces for events, meetings, and ceremonies, and variously equipped with large-screen televisions, sound systems, video game systems, pool table, piano, table tennis, and other entertainments.
- Full kitchen and refectory with institutional food preparation, storage, and dishwashing equipment for the entire chapter. Chapter meal plan includes 10 hot meals a week plus 24×7 access to a snack and leftover fridge, filtered water, fresh fruit, and other light foods.
- Dedicated gym with modern free weights, weight machines, and other fitness equipment.
- Live-in advisor suite with separate entrance and en-suite bathroom.
- Deck, patio, lookout, and balcony affording views of Cascadilla Gorge, plus a gazebo commanding views of the waterfalls below the College Avenue Bridge.
- Private parking lot for live-ins.
Get a look inside with IFCribz.
Edgemoor is privately owned by Iswza Fraternity, Inc.
The Campaign for Omicron Zeta and the Strategic Plan
The Campaign for Omicron Zeta was launched in 2013 at the chapter's Centennial Celebration, with over $2 million pledged. Our participation rate is far higher than average, indicating an alumni base which feels strongly about a place for Lambda Chi Alpha at Cornell for many years to come.
In 2016, the Campaign produced the Edgemoor 10-Year Plan, a strategic plan for the ongoing maintenance and protection of the property, identifying long-term goals, risks, and priorities for the future.
For more information, or to make a pledge, visit the links below or contact our co-chairs: Sandy Gilbert '62, Doug Levens '92, and Ralph Wilhelm '67.
- Make a payment on your pledge through ELF.
- Contact a co-chair about making or extending your pledge.
- The Edgemoor 10-Year Plan (2016)
- Edgemoor Grand Opening presentation (2.5 MB, October 2015), highlighting accomplishments to date, plans for Phase II, and current needs
- Campaign Prospectus (3.5 MB, February 2014)
- Honor Roll of Contributors
- Capital Committee Members